Business Beat in Greater Victoria
George Richard Big and Tall has made the move west, opening this week in the Millstream Village Shopping Centre.
Join the staff this Friday through Sunday (March 23 to 25) for the store's grand opening weekend, where shoppers can receive 20 per cent off their purchase. Look for a coupon in your newspaper for an additional 10 per cent off.
The men's wear shop, located in Hillside Shopping Centre for many years, carries such brands as Kenneth Cole, Fila, Buffalo, Sean John, Point Zero and Levis in hard-to-find big and tall sizes. Company president Dave McGregor will on on hand for the opening.
On the move
• Saferway Driving School has moved to new digs in the Vancouver Island Brewery Building at 2A-2328 Government St.
• Local boatbuilder Whitehall Rowing and Sail has found a new home at Ogden Point, at 85 Dallas Rd., with a planned opening for April 1. The building will include an office, showroom and production facility.
• After 30 years, Bombay & Co. has a new, expanded home at Hillside Centre, as part of the shopping mall's renovation and expansion.
Awards & Accolades
Residents have until this Friday (March 23) to nominate businesses for the Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce's Crystal Award.
The awards recognize the accomplishments and contributions of Peninsula businesses in sustaining and enhancing the economic and social well-being of the community in the past year.
For information about the different award categories, visit www.peninsulachamber.ca
New & Notable
• Uptown shoppers have a new kind of loyalty program they can help design. Until April 30, members can receive such benefits as Uptown gift cards and Victoria Royals tickets, and bonuses like VIP parking, special event access, day spa experiences and even the chance to win a $1,500 room makeover from Urban Barn. After April 30, the program will evolve, based on customer feedback.
• Victoria singles have a new professional matchmaker at their service, Locate Your Soulmate, from owner Robin Arnold. Clients can choose from a paid membership, where the company will actively seek potential clients, or a free membership where they may be called in if they are a potential match for a client.
• The opening of OM Vogue HairLounge in the 1500-block of Haultain Street completes a vision of Steven and Simona Bailey, who first unveiled their UOMO Modern Barber 10 years ago. They added OM NailSpa last year and this week the duo launch their seven-seat hair salon on the same block.