1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Honey Nut Cheerios and a nice big cup of coffee.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
I love working in child care, and have done it for 26 years, I left thefront line for 18 months to try my hand at provincial government work and found that child care really is my passion, so I wouldn’t change it!
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
A variety of country music — Brett Kissell being one artist.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People being late drives me batty. I was born three months early and it appears that habit has continued on throughout my life. In my book, being on time is being late.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Esquimalt?
I love the ocean views, the fabulous climate and the walkability. Coming from a small town in Ontario, the huge sense of community in Esquimalt makes this the place to be for me.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
So, I am a big sap, my all-time favourite movies are, Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz, and White Christmas. Oh, and all the Disney movies!
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Walt Disney. He is a man that came from very little and created one of the most amazing companys ever. He was bankrupt twice and still fought back to capture his dreams and what he accomplished is truly inspiring.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Disneyland — been 14 times and can’t wait to go again. I love the way it makes me feel; happy and young.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
To make all children healthy and happy. No child would ever get seriously sick on my watch.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Swim in a shark cage. We were going to do it once, we were all signed up and then the weather turned too bad to go out and do it. I was very disappointed!
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Mumford and Sons. I know others who saw them in concert a couple of years ago and they said it was amazing!
12. What is your favourite TV show?
I must admit, I am a bit of a TV junkie and I PVR a lot of shows. I do have one vice though — I have been watching the Young and the Restless since I was about 10, so without spelling it out, it has been a long time.
13. What’s your dream car?
I love my Mini but if I could have a totally fun beautiful car, it would be MacGyver’s 42 Chevy Pickup.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
With my schedule, I don’t have time to eat out a lot, but when I do, I like to eat casually and the restaurant has to have good craft beer or local wine. The company I share it with is also very important, good friends, good food and good beverages are all key elements.
15. What are your words to live by?
“Mean what you say, say what you mean and always follow though” — I say that a lot in my profession to my staff and students but it rings true in life as well. Being honest and keeping your word means a lot to me.