1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
I’m not a big breakfast guy, usually it’s something quick like plain oatmeal or a power bar before I head to the rink.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
If I didn’t work for the government or coach hockey, I think I would have pursued a career over in Europe working in the history field, researching or going on site. I am a history nerd.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Right now it’s probably my iTunes on shuffle. It’ll have some chainsmokers, Bankz and Steelz, The Weekend, Drake, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Ice Cube, The Who, Tony Bennett, Rat Pack. It’s an eclectic mix.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People chewing loudly. My body literally tightens up. I really can’t handle it.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
It has a great mix of things to do. Great music scene, good breweries, lots of sports, pretty much anything you want to do outside and the history, so many places of significance. Each season, minus the snow, is represented well.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
I probably can’t narrow it down to just one, but Citizen Kane, Shaun of the Dead, Band of Brothers, anything with Sam Rockwell or Steve McQueen.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
I would love to sit down with Winston Churchill. He was a war time leader, which lend to some interesting stories, but he has some of the best quotes I’ve ever heard. He was intelligent, witty and had the foresight to see what was happening. Neil Armstrong is a close second.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
I’m a big fan of Las Vegas, although I think when getting back I need another vacation. I like to spend time in Tofino, it’s quiet, you’re on the water and there is hardly any cell service, great pace for a vacation.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I think the ability to fly would be really cool.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
I would love to go in a shark cage in South Africa. The sharks are big and there’s a slight chance the cage may not hold.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
I would have loved to see The Beatles. I’m a big fan and it would have been an experience, especially with how they affected music. Currently, I’d like to see Muse. I hear they put on a great live show.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
The Simpsons, by far. There’s a situation for everything someone encounters in life. It’s witty, clever and funny.
13. What’s your dream car?
1967 Chevy Chevelle SS. It has power and it looks mean.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
I like 10 Acres. It’s local and the food is very well made.
15. What are your words to live by?
You can only worry about what is in your control, don’t waste time on negativity. Enjoy life, surround yourself with positive people, spend time with your family and do what is right.