1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Depends….is it a “free” Sunday or one full of fun and exciting events happening? Often on Sunday’s my wonderful husband makes me pancakes.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
Before I was elected, I worked in the food and beverage industry. I am a real “foodie” and probably would be still doing it in some form if I hadn’t decided to run for council. I am still serving the public, but now in a different way.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Depends on the hour, my mood and the company. I am almost constantly listening to music from the moment I wake up in the morning. To relax it might be Robert Michael’s Europa, dancing in my kitchen to Pitbull, singing to the top of my lungs to Carole King or driving on the highway to Motown hits.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
Weather, people, the air, the scenery….I could go on and on! I am proud to say I was born and raised here.
6. What is your favourite movie(s)
Anything with Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Street, Julianne Moore, Judy Dench, Sidney Poitier, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford. Each year I watch all the Academy nominated movies.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
My grandmother, who I never got the chance to meet. I would love to know about her life. I would find out more about her First Nations mother and her Chinese gold mining father.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Depends what I am looking for and what I can afford. I have been to Mexico many times because I can relax, I love the weather, and it is close enough to get to. But I have many places on my bucket list and hope to get to them all. I love experiencing the people, food, language and culture of different countries.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
It would be able to go back in time so I could speak to my ancestors and find out about their lives, the hardship and discrimination they encountered. Then, I would come back to the present and write a best-selling novel.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Hold a baby panda at a panda sanctuary in China.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Well, I have seen Diana Ross and the Supremes and Guitarist Les Paul which were pretty awesome. Carole King would be on the top of my list or Roberta Flack or Earth, Wind and Fire. Am I showing my age?
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Not saying…..but it isn’t a reality show.
13. What’s your dream car?
When I was young it would have been the car in the movie American Graffiti. But now it would be an electric one.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Anywhere with tasty, quality, sustainable food and personable and efficient service! Victoria has too many great restaurants to pick just one.
15. What are your words to live by?
Treat others as you would like to be treated.