By KYLE SLAVIN
February 2, 2011 · Updated 5:00 PM
Share



Outside the home where three years earlier he found the body of his girlfriend stabbed to death in the master bedroom, Jason Zailo said it was emotional to be back at the scene. “I just can’t believe that it really did happen,” he said. “I just can’t get it out of my head.” Zailo and more than 100 others participated in a memorial walk for Lindsay Buziak, organized by her father Jeff on the third anniversary of her murder. “It hurts so bad,” Jeff said about walking by the house on De Sousa Place in Gordon Head where his daughter was killed. “I’m feeling devastating grief.” Saanich police say Buziak was targeted and, in her position as a real estate agent, was lured to the empty luxury home where the murder took place. This week, police said they are no closer to solving the case, despite a high-profile year for the case that included the release of a six-figure reward and an hour-long special produced by *Dateline NBC. “I’d rather be here saying we made progress but we’re in the same place we were last year,” Sgt. Dean Jantzen said. “Everything that happened generated some activity, which was the desired effect. Unfortunately, no new tips or theories were put forward to investigators.” Jeff Buziak, who walked holding a placard that read ‘Who killed Lindsay Buziak?,” led the crowd from Royal Oak Burial Park to the home on De Sousa Place and then to Saanich police headquarters on Vernon Avenue. “They’re all very significant spots. Lindsay’s at Royal Oak, this is where she was killed, and Saanich police need all the support they can get with this murder mystery,” he said. The goal of the walk was a symbolic gesture for participants to say they’re sickened by the violence they see in the community. “They realize it was a tragic event, and they really care. They don’t want things like this to happen in their community, no one does,” Jeff said. “I don’t think the community ever forgets something like this.” kslavin@saanichnews.com
Share