News

Trust fund helps Victoria family displaced by fire

A trust fund has been set up in support of a family that lost their house in a fire. Kelly Dunsdon and Albert Rode were left homeless, and Rode injured, when their house at 2754 Forbes St. was gutted by a blaze on March 6. Rode was burned trying to put out the fire that consumed virtually everything the couple owned. “They are currently staying in temporary accommodation, but will of course be seeking more permanent accommodation as it will take many months to rebuild their lives,” their friend Stephen Dunn said in an e-mail. A Dunsdon-Rode trust fund has been set up through Coast Capital Savings Credit Union to help the couple and Dunsdon’s teenage son. Donations can be made at any branch. The fire was caused by a spark from the wood-burning fireplace, which ignited the couch in the livingroom, said Victoria fire Insp. Chris Royle. He added screens should be used in front of wood-burning fireplaces and flammable materials should be kept at a safe distance.

ecardone@vicnews.com

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Canada, U.S., support Hong Kong protesters
 
COASTAL LIVING: Chateau Wolff vineyard finds new owners
 
BREAKING NEWS: Authorities close Marigold Pharmacy UPDATED
Marigold Pharmacy shut down
 
The Zombies will be walking the streets of Sooke
 
Cities want licensed medical marijuana grows revealed
Kent back on the campaign trail
 
CF-18s to get life-extension upgrades
 
In celebration of breastfeeding

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 26 edition online now. Browse the archives.