- 2015 Federal Election
- BC Jobs
- Oak Bay News
- Peninsula News Review
- Saanich News
- Goldstream News Gazette
- Real Estate Victoria
New Year’s levees abound in Capital Region, take your pick
People looking to start 2013 with hobnobbing and free goodies have plenty of options. For the early birds who didn’t party too hard on New Year’s Eve, the first levee of the day will be hosted by HCMS Malahat on behalf of local ships and naval shore establishments.
For those who want to catch a glimpse of, or chat with newly inducted Lt.-Gov. Judith Guichon, head to Government House for the biggest levee in the region.
For the late risers, the township of Esquimalt offers the latest levee of the day, ending at 2:30 p.m.
Here’s a list of some of the Jan. 1 levees:
• HMCS Malahat, 20 Huron St., 9 to 10 a.m.
• Bay Street Armoury, 715 Bay St., 10 to 11 a.m.
• Government House, 1401 Rockland Ave., 10 a.m. to noon
• District of Sooke, 2205 Otter Point Rd., 10 a.m. to noon
• Lieutenant-General E.C. Ashton Armoury, 724 Vanalman Ave., 10:30 a.m. to noon.
• City of Victoria, 1 Centennial Sq., noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Township of Esquimalt, 1229 Esquimalt Rd.. 1 to 2:30 p.m.