- BC Jobs
- Oak Bay News
- Peninsula News Review
- Saanich News
- Goldstream News Gazette
- Real Estate Victoria
Mayor to host public open houses on Victoria budget
For the next two weeks, the City of Victoria is accepting residents' help with ideas on how best to trim expenses and limit its annual property tax increases to 3.25 per cent over the next three years.
Mayor Dean Fortin will host the first budget open house on Saturday (Jan. 19) at 2 p.m. at the Greater Victoria Public Library central branch at 735 Broughton St.
Fortin will present the city's proposed cost-reduction strategies, then staff will collect public input.
Go to victoria.ca/budget for a full list of proposals and a full schedule of the open houses.
The schedule is as follows:
• Saturday, Jan. 19, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Central Library, Central Meeting Room – 735 Broughton St.
• Monday, Jan. 21, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
City Hall, Antechamber – 1 Centennial Sq.
• Saturday, Jan. 26, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Crystal Pool, Lower Auditorium – 2275 Quadra St.
• Monday, Jan. 28, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
James Bay New Horizons – 234 Menzies St.
• Monday, Jan. 28, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Vic West Community Centre – 521 Craigflower Rd.
• Wednesday, Jan. 30, 10 a.m. – Noon Fairfield Community Centre – 1335 Thurlow Rd.