Two people rescued from Esquimalt apartment fire
Esquimalt fire crews and their CFB Esquimalt colleagues helped evacuate an apartment building after a kitchen fire broke out in the 700-block of Lampson St. Saturday.
Crews arrived around 11:30 p.m. and found smoke in the hallways, eventually locating the locked suite. Once inside, they quickly put out the stovetop fire and removed the apartment's two occupants, who were treated for smoke inhalation.
Damage to the building is minimal and the fire is not considered suspicious.