- BC Games
Victoria's top leaders lauded
Several of Greater Victoria’s “extraordinary leaders” earned top honours from Leadership Victoria Wednesday night.
The Victoria Leadership Awards laude the accomplishments of residents for their community leadership, service and achievement.
The 2014 recipients include:
• Leadership Victoria Lifetime Achievement Award – Mickey and Donna Hajash. The award honours long-term service in community leadership roles such as philanthropy, innovation, mentoring and career achievement.
• University of Victoria Community Leadership Awards – Hélène Cazes and Donna Greshner. The award acknowledges outstanding leadership in linking UVic and the community for greater public benefit.
• Rotary Community Leadership Awards – Gordy Dodd and Cindy Moyer. The award recognize community leaders who meet the Rotary test of the highest levels of ethical behaviour and community leadership benefit.
• Vancity Youth Award – Sarah Rose Robert. The award recognizes a young leader between the ages of 20 and 30 who demonstrates community leadership.
• Leadership Victoria Alumni Award – Yasmin Rampuri. The award recognizes a graduate of the Leadership Victoria program who continues to demonstrate outstanding leadership and service in Victoria.
• Victoria Foundation Community Leadership Award – Cridge Centre for the Family. The award recognizes an organization that is building community capacity and achieving positive change.
• United Way of Greater Victoria Award for Collaboration and Partnership – Kelly Greenwell. The award recognizes an individual leader in a non-profit organization.
• Royal Roads University Leadership Excellence through Coaching and Mentoring Award – Tammy Dewar. The award recognizes long term and outstanding service in community leadership roles that specifically focus on coaching and/or mentoring.
Leadership Victoria is a community-based, voluntary organization committed to developing, supporting, recognizing and honouring outstanding community leaders.