Fire causes significant damage

Two people and a dog were taken to hospital following an early morning blaze Saturday in a fourth floor condo on Wark Street.

  • Tue Mar 8th, 2016 3:00pm
  • News

Two people and a dog were taken to hospital following an early morning blaze Saturday in a fourth floor condo on Wark Street.

Firefighters arrived at the scene around 7 a.m. to find smoke and fire coming from a suite at 2520 Wark St. Once inside, crews found a male and female, who were taken to hospital.

The flames affected two other suites as well, displacing five people and two pets. All other residents of the building were able to go back inside within an hour of the fire.

Investigators have determined the fire was started by an extension cord curled up underneath a couch in the living room. Damage is estimated at $300,000.