Two Sooke companies were among the big winners at the 19th Annual Grant Thornton LLP Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards recently.
Westcom Plumbing & Gas won in the trades category, while D&H Woodworks claimed the award in wood products.
There were 85 finalists for the annual celebration of the best in Island business, and 17 different categories.
Vancouver Island’s best in business recognized at awards gala https://t.co/fMD0ckAHGd
— Vancouver Island Free Daily (@VIFreeDaily) January 28, 2019
“Every year there are some amazing success stories that are told at this event,” said Mark MacDonald of Business Examiner, which coordinates the event.
“There is a lot of hard working business people who have put everything they have into their companies, and it’s great to have an evening to celebrate their efforts.”
Other winners included:
• Business of the Year: Mazzei Electric of Nanaimo and Victoria
• Automotive: Cowichan Auto Repair of Duncan.
* Brewery: Twin City Brewing of Port Alberni.
• Construction/ Development/Real Estate: Tectonica of Nanaimo.
• Entrepreneur: McTavish Academy of Art of Saanich.
• Food & Food Production: Urban Bee Honey Farm of Victoria.
• Green: J. Zsiros Contracting of Courtenay.
• Health Care: Bayshore Home Health of Saanich.
• Hospitality: Crystal Cove Beach Resort of Tofino.
• Manufacturer: VMAC Air of Nanaimo.
• Professional: Waymark Architecture of Victoria.
• Retail: M & N Mattress of Parksville.
* Technology: Trich Analytics of Victoria.
• Tourism: Surf Sister Surf School of Victoria.
• Small Business: VI Creature Teachers of Campbell River.