1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Fried eggs on toast. Over easy. Salt, pepper, hot sauce…. Perfect.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Bad driving and poor officiating (tied).
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
The weather. No shovelling snow. And you can hike, bike and kayak all year round… which I almost never actually do.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
Bull Durham, Slap Shot, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
It changes with every trip! Prague is hard to beat.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Teleportation — no layovers or security lines!
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Defeat my wife Sara at ping pong.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
I’d go back to 1984 and see The Clash again.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Now: Modern Family. Of all time: The Simpsons.
13. What’s your dream car?
Aston Martin DBS (even better if it has all the extras, like in the James Bond movies).
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Oh, wow, that’s impossible to say in Victoria…too many great places. This past week: Café Brio.
15. What are your words to live by?
The three words on the front of the Natural History Museum in New York: Truth, Knowledge, Vision.