1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
I treat my family to homemade waffles, bacon and smoothies; our Sunday routine.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
Probably run a bed and breakfast, or maybe a tradesman like an electrician.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Arcade Fire, The Smiths, Metric, Beastie Boys, Tragically Hip, and podcasts of Vinyl Cafe.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Poor grammar (it’s you’re, not your!) and U.S. English spell-check. Left-lane loiterers too.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Fargo, The Usual Suspects, Bladerunner, Inception, Stand by Me.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Dead: Captain James Cook; Alive: my wife.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Travel through the Northwest Passage.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Joe Strummer (The Clash).
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Now: Game of Thrones; Then: X-Files.
13. What’s your dream car?
1955 Ford F100 pick-up truck.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
I’m usually eating at the base galley. Off hours I try to sample all the great restaurants in town. I still have a soft spot for the Blue Fox Cafe and Pagliacci’s, where my wife and I first dined together many years ago.
15. What are your words to live by?
Everyone has a story; listen to them when they tell it.