1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Every Sunday, Paul and I drive out to Sassy’s in Brentwood for breakfast and the NYT crossword. If we can finish the puzzle before we leave, we high five. We’re getting pretty good at the crossword but our high fives still need work.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
Something crafty, making small things.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Strange Trails by Lord Huron.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Dogs that jump up on strangers.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
Well, just look at it. And I like to garden.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Playwright Tom Stoppard.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
New York any time of the year, to walk around all day and see shows.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I’m five-feet-tall, so arm elasticity would be useful for reaching the high shelves.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Teach my dog not to jump on strangers.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Can it be a play instead? I’d love to see Mr. Burns, a post-electric play by Anne Washburn.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Right now, I’m enjoying The Comeback (as much as you can enjoy something so hard to watch).
13. What’s your dream car?
One without moss and seedlings growing on it. I drive a 2001 Honda Chia.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Recent discovery — La Tortilla Mexicana on Esquimalt Road, for the food and wonderful hospitality.
15. What are your words to live by?