1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Coffee with a side of toast and a smoothie made from blackberries, banana and kale.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
I’d be focused on empowering young people through spoken word poetry, performing and public speaking.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Hannah Epperson and David Newberry. Two amazing musicians out of Vancouver.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Water fountains that just dribble out water and meetings for the sake of having meetings.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
The combination of great community and being so close to the wildness of nature.
6. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Zaccheus Jackson. He was an amazing storyteller, poet and a good friend of mine who died last year.
7. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Camping on the wild coast of Vancouver Island.
8. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The power to heal emotional and physical wounds.
9. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
I’d like to have kid(s) and raise a family.
10. If you could see one concert, what would it be? Bob Marley.
11. What is your favourite TV show?
I like documentaries about nature and history and mindless stuff that lets my brain shut down a bit like Friends.
12. What’s your dream car?
My dream car would handle rough back roads and not run on fossil fuels.
13. What is your favourite place to dine? A picnic on Dallas Road.
14. What animal are you most like? A mixture of a bear and a house cat.
15. What are your words to live by?
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” — Howard Thurman.