1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
I have a nutrition shake every morning.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
An architect — a designer of some sort — or a teacher.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Joni Mitchell’s Greatest Hits.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Cars that honk when their owners lock and unlock them.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
The great Woody Allen movies: Manhattan, Husbands and Wives, Crimes and Misdemeanours, Bullets Over Broadway, and Otto Preminger’s Anatomy of a Murder.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
(Aside from my maternal grandfather, who I never knew), Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, and the true author of Shakespeare’s plays.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Italy — especially Rome.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Learn to play piano.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Glenn Gould with the New York Philharmonic conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
I don’t own a television, but I occasionally watch on my iPhone a Netflix series called Master of None.
13. What’s your dream car?
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
15. What are your words to live by?
Do the right thing. (I don’t always succeed!)