1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Silky baked custard with fresh peaches, chai, weekend papers and the CBS Sunday Morning arts and culture news magazine.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
Teaching and writing on architecture and art history.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Shuffling between a Curtis Mayfield tribute album and Melody Gardot.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Narcissistic and self-important people.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
Not living anywhere else!
6. What’s your favourite movie?
Impossible to pick one. Somewhere on the spectrum between The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser and Ever After.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Diana Vreeland, editor of Vogue, 1963-71.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
A built-in, all-purpose magic wand.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
With the assistance of a time machine, I would visit Shanghai and Paris in the 1920s and San Francisco in the 1950s.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
A one-on-one acoustic performance by Jimmy Page.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Six Feet Under.
13. What’s your dream car?
For a city car, either a Citroen 2CV or a Nash Metropolitan. For hitting the highway, a Studebaker Golden Hawk.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Small, owner-operated restaurants with a bistro-like atmosphere.
15. What are your words to live by?
“Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication and his many very real accomplishments owes the fact of his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.” (John Jeavons, executive director, Ecology Action)