1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Pseudo sourdough pancakes from the James Barber cookbook Ginger Tea Makes Friend. along with local humanely-raised bacon from Stillmeadow Farm, and freshly squeezed fruit juice out of my own juicer.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
A fashion designer — in my dreams.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Rick Astley. I kid you not. I’m never going to give him up.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Incorrect grammar and punctuation in published materials (signs, magazines and newspapers).
5. What’s the best thing about living in Esquimalt?
Everything is less than 20 minutes away! I can get from the city to the wilderness so quickly.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Love Actually.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with? Amelia Earhart.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Iceland has been the most fascinating destination, and Australia had the most glorious beaches.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I’d like to control the weather, especially the fog.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Take a fashion design course! I can sew nearly anything, but I’m self-taught for designing. I’d like to raise my game.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
I’d like to travel back in time to an ABBA concert, just to be part of the phenomenon.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
13. What’s your dream car?
Tesla Model S.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
These days it’s Bodega. I have a long-standing soft spot for Swiss Chalet, though.
15. What are your words to live by?
Ask forgiveness, not permission. Also: if you’re going to fly by the seat of your pants, you’d better have a good tailor.