The winners in Esquimalt’s 2013 Best Bloomin’ Beautiful Home and Garden Contest were honoured at a ceremony recently at the Archie Browning Sports Centre.
Mayor Barbara Desjardins presented certificates to all participants and prizes to the top three finishers in each category.
An idea that emerged from the Township’s centennial celebration discussions, the competition has allowed residents to show “commitment to the community, their neighbourhood pride and their creativity,” she said.
First-place finishers by category were:
• Best large garden – Joe Dorscher
• Best small garden – Bev Hopkins
• Best façade – Deborah and Arthur Monk
• Best environmental practices – Laurel and Nathan Rassenti
• Best curb appeal – Katie and Jack Scott
For a full list of winners with photographs and other information visit esquimalt.ca/blooming.