Want to Volunteer? Opportunities are available through Volunteer Victoria. For more information, please call 250-386-2269 or go here.
• Help Fill A Dream Foundation is sponsoring a street hockey event with family activities on June 14 at Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney. Volunteers are needed as game monitors, referees, ticket sellers, parking, set-up and exhibits.
• Victoria Community Health Cooperative requires an administrative assistant for a few hours a month to organize board materials and support board members. A social media advisor is also required.
• Broadmead Care would like a clothing volunteer to assist dementia patients with keeping their belongings organized. Requires a kind and gentle attitude.
• Beacon Community Services is seeking registered nurses for a Monday blood pressure and blood glucose clinic in Sidney, for one hour once or twice a month.
• Fairfield Gonzales Community Association is seeking a curator to coordinate exhibits of local artists in the community centre on a long-term basis. Garden volunteers also needed for permaculture site.
• Oak Bay Volunteer Services would appreciate visitors to take seniors and other clients on walks from their own homes. Commitment is weekly but flexible. Drivers also wanted.
• Operation Track Shoes for people with developmental disabilities needs counsellors from June 13 to 15 to assist and encourage sports participants at the University of Victoria. Training provided.
• Mustard Seed Street Church requires a volunteer cook three days per week to prepare lunch for volunteers. Several other positions available.