Want to Volunteer? Opportunities are available through Volunteer Victoria. For more information, please call 250-386-2269 or go online to volunteervictoria.bc.ca.
• HeadWay, The Victoria Epilepsy & Parkinson’s Centre presents the annual HeadWay Charity golf tournament at Olympic View Golf Club on June 13. Volunteers are needed to assist with registration, contests, auctions and the banquet.
• The Royal and McPherson Theatres are celebrating 100-year anniversaries with events and performances from May 18-25. Volunteers are needed to provide tours and hospitality.
• Creatively United for the Planet hosts an environmental fair from April 25-27 at St. Ann’s Academy and is seeking volunteers for various tasks.
• Literacy Victoria provides one-to-one or small group computer support to adult learners in various locations. Long-term computer volunteers are needed and training is provided. Other tutoring positions are available.
• LifeCycles Project seeks gardening volunteers to help deliver its Growing Schools program this spring. Other positions are available.
• Vancouver Island Kidney Patients’ Association needs a newsletter editor with layout experience to produce issues three to four times per year.
• MOVE Adapted Fitness & Rehabilitation Society seeks skilled fitness volunteers such as kinesiology or recreation students to work at their facility with clients who have a variety of conditions or injuries. Minimum three-month commitment.