Following a full day of fun in the sun at the inaugural Upper Fort StreetFest, the Downtown Victoria Business Association is back with event No. 2 – this time at historic Market Square!
Bringing the same sense of wonder and whimsy for all ages, this free, family-friendly event will fill Market Square with music, entertainment, activities and more, not to mention the opportunity to explore one of the city’s most iconic neighbourhoods, says Becca Blachut, DVBA Marketing Manager.
“We had so much positive feedback from the businesses and guests at StreetFest, we can’t wait to do it again at Market SquareFest!” Blachut says.
Hosted in the Square – at Store Street, between Pandora and Johnston streets – Market SquareFest will engage visitors with all sorts of free activities and entertainment.
“It’s going to be a super-engaging, family-friendly event, and a great way to explore this unique downtown neighbourhood. In addition to the planned activities, there are so many amazing downtown shops and restaurants to check out, too,” Blachut says.
“And it’s a great jumping-off point – from there you can go just about anywhere as you explore downtown.”
Here’s a look at what’s on offer Saturday, July 22 at Market SquareFest:
- Relax with a refreshment at Whistle Buoy Brewing, right in the heart of the Square.
- Enjoy hot dogs from the Missing Link and check out some of the many food vendors in the Square
- Enjoy all-day entertainment from local musicians
- Take home a keepsake from Four Frames Photo Booth
- Explore the local makers’ market, then get creative with multiple art activities, including a big community art project
- Enjoy lots of FREE family-friendly activities, including face painting, balloon twisting, Donald Dunphy’s Magic Show and Drag StoryTime.
- Get your groove on at the silent disco
Helping make Market SquareFest possible are sponsors including Victoria Downtown Residents Association, Robbin’s Parking and Sunbelt Rentals.