1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
A ‘zero mile diet’: eggs laid in the backyard with a side of freshly sliced tomatoes and strawberries, from same backyard.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
A consultant re: organizational development and strategic planning — with a focus on operating as a complex system (rather than in silos) increasing employee well-being, contributing to the community, and making more money! Or an urban farmer. Or both.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Very literally Glenn Gould, Bach’s Goldberg Variations.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When my email is down.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
Victoria punches way above its weight in creative and human capital. We’re innovative and poised to do great things in a 21st century economy, we make things locally and they’re known globally, we live in paradise. All of the above.
6. What is your favourite movie(s)?
Antonia’s Line and Fried Green Tomatoes.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Awareness and mindfulness in all situations, not just when it feels easy.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Take an art class.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Angela Hewitt playing Bach.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
My Little Pony. Phineas and Ferb. (kid influence!)
13. What’s your dream car?
Um, the vintage Phillips bicycle I just bought to supplement my current road bike.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Unfair asking the mayor to pick a favourite local restaurant! Living in Victoria there are great dining choices everywhere. I’m known to frequent the ones that are a short walk from city hall. Favourite food? Sushi.
15. What are your words to live by?
Follow your heart; the rest will follow.