The Victoria Police Department says it has charged a 70-year-old local man with 23 more counts of sexual assault.
Harry Charles Sadd was initially arrested last August in connection with a series of sexual assaults that took place in the late 1970s and continued for several years. The former badminton coach was arrested on these new charges yesterday.
An investigation began when a single victim came forward to report being assaulted, and since then the VicPD Special Victims Unit says it was talked to 12 additional victims — all men who were between the ages of nine and 15 years old when the offences are alleged to have occurred.
The ongoing investigation has now revealed victims going back to the late 1960’s.
The full list of new charges include:
- 8 counts of Sexual Assault
- 6 counts of Being a Male Person Did Indecently Assault Another Male Person
- 3 counts of Gross Indecency
- 4 counts of Buggery or Bestiality
- 2 counts of Assault with Intent to Commit Buggery or Indecent Assault on a Male