To accommodate additional traffic for the upcoming Family Day long weekend,
BC Ferries has added sailings during peak travel times on the Swartz Bay – Tsawwassen route, which is the busiest route in the fleet. The extra sailings are as follows:
• February 6 – 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. from Swartz Bay
• February 7 – 8:00 a.m. from Swartz Bay
• February 8 – 12:00 p.m. from Swartz Bay
• February 9 – 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. from Swartz Bay
• February 6 – 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. from Tsawwassen
• February 7 – 10:00 a.m. from Tsawwassen
• February 8 – 2:00 p.m. from Tsawwassen
• February 9 – 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. from Tsawwassen
Heavy traffic is expected on some sailings between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island and travellers are advised to check the website for current conditions. For customers with a specific sailing in mind, BC Ferries recommends making a reservation in advance.
For families looking for a Family Day long weekend getaway, BC Ferries is offering free travel and accommodation for kids 11 and under on select packages booked to Victoria and Vancouver through BC Ferries Vacations. These fun-filled getaways start from $193 per person based on double occupancy plus taxes and fees and include return ferry travel for one vehicle and two adults. For package information, full schedule details, current conditions, travel advisories and reservations, please visit bcferries.com/vacations.