Chris is completing his fifth term on council, He is 60 years old, and is married to Judith. He holds a BA and an MBA (UVic) and an LLB (UBC). Chris spent 16 years in marketing, and has taught sessionally for the School of Business at Camosun College. He has been repeatedly recognized for his work building community.
Message from Chris:
Dear Victoria Voter,
For over forty years, Victoria has been my home. During this time I’ve been fortunate to be part of some very strong groups that have addressed local concerns and found community based solutions. In this work, I’m proud to have been recognized as a voice of reason and balance. Over the next four years, I am committed to bring this perspective to initiatives that:
• continue to create affordable housing solutions for young families entering the housing market, for our seniors and for our homeless citizens
• provide safer streets, because no citizen should be afraid in heir own city
• promote Victoria as a growing market for the “Arts and Culture”, the “Sports and Recreation”, “High Tech” and “Tourism” economies
• continue to address the Infrastructure Deficit, including the completion of the Johnson Street Bridge
• increase density in our Downtown Core to support greater residential capacity and economic vibrancy
• slow the increase of the tax burden borne by both businesses and residents in the city
• enhance the recognition of Victoria as a provincial capital
• stress greater regional co-operation, or amalgamation, in order to avoid the unnecessary conflicts caused by civic boundaries.
For me to be successful, however, I need your support. On November 15th, please vote to re-elect Chris Coleman to Victoria City Council and elect Chris Coleman to the CRD Board.
I thank you for your continued support.