Kitchen fire damages home on Carey Road

A home in the 3800 block of Carey Rd. suffered a scorched kitchen after a pan on the stove caught fire.

A home in the 3800 block of Carey Rd. suffered a scorched kitchen after a pan on the stove caught fire.

The Saanich fire department responded with 18 firefighters and six vehicles at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night. Fire was contained to kitchen cabinets and was quickly extinguished. Total damage is about $5,000, the fire department said.

The home occupants escaped without injury.

editor@saanichnews.com