No injuries sustained in early morning fire on Cook Street

No one was injured after a fire ripped through a condo in the Cook Street Village early Wednesday morning.

  • Feb. 8, 2017 5:00 a.m.

No one was injured after a fire ripped through a condo in the Cook Street Village early Wednesday morning.

At around 3:20 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, the Victoria Fire Department responded to a report of smoke and fire in a residential building at 1021 Cook. St. When crews arrived, flames quickly spread from a void between two suites on the second floor up to the third floor.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire and prevent more damage to the building.

There were no injuries, however, a cat was rescued from the building, was given oxygen and is now fine.

It’s estimated the fire caused $400,000 in damage. Cook Street was shut down for a portion of the morning causing delays.