A bylaw restricting short term rentals, the demolishing of a heritage-registered property, rezoning for cannabis retailers and zoning for new twin 21-storey-towers are on the agenda tomorrow as Victoria City Council returns from holidays.
Also of note is the public hearing on whether or not to turn the Harbour Towers Hotel and Suites into rental apartments.
Here’s what council will be discussing tomorrow at the committee of the whole and city council meetings:
- Bylaw removing short term rentals from zoning use
- Public hearing: Transform Harbour Towers Hotel and Suites into rental apartments
- Public hearing: Rezoning 3031 Jackson Street to permit construction of ten townhouses
- Rezoning application for seven cannabis retailers: Shadow Mountain, Urban Earth Med, Melt Town Dispensary, Lotusland Cannabis Club, and Weeds Social Club, Vancouver Island Compassion Society
- Rezoning applications for two 21-storey towers at 848, 852-856 Yates Street and 849 Johnson Street
- Demolition of a Heritage Registered property at 1525 Shasta Place
- Transgender, Gender Non-Binary, and Two-Spirit Equity and Inclusion policy
- Presentation: Need for additional shelter space downtown
- 2017 second quarter report