Smoking hot Sooke council meeting turns into an evacuation

Smoking hot Sooke council meeting turns into an evacuation

The cause of the smell, according to fire officials? Likely, the heating system.

Things got smoking hot at Sooke council Monday night, but it wasn’t due to any burning political issue.

As councillors were debating the issues of the day, a smell of something burning permeated through council chambers.

Chief administrative officer Teresa Sullivan went hunting for the source of the smell to no avail.

The fire department was called and the building was evacuated before the meeting finished.

The cause of the smell, according to fire officials? Likely, the heating system, which was turned on for the first time this fall.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image