Two people rescued from Esquimalt apartment fire

Township and CFB Esquimalt crews on scene for kitchen fire

Esquimalt fire crews and their CFB Esquimalt colleagues helped evacuate an apartment building after a kitchen fire broke out in the 700-block of Lampson St. Saturday.

Crews arrived around 11:30 p.m. and found smoke in the hallways, eventually locating the locked suite. Once inside, they quickly put out the stovetop fire and removed the apartment’s two occupants, who were treated for smoke inhalation.

Damage to the building is minimal and the fire is not considered suspicious.

dpalmer@vicnews.com

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up