1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast? Homemade bread with walnut oil and marmalade, 454 Horsepower coffee with soy milk, followed by an espresso.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be? A lawyer in animal rights law, ex. The Non Human Rights Project.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now? VocaMe: Kassia (Byzantine Hymns).
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve? The Farquhar Auditorium parking ticket purchase machine. (Serious issues don’t fit in “pet peeves.”)
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria? The urban forest.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)? Blackfish, Princess Mononoke (Hayao Miyazaki & Studio Ghibli), Die Weisse Rose (directed by Michael Verhoeven), and Flickan (directed by Fredrik Edfeldt).
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with? Carl Jung.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination? Any beach I paddle to, kayak or camp in B.C.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be? The super power that gives access to all the super powers.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do? Visit Iceland, then all the Scandinavian countries, and make my way to Venice via Germany and Austria. Hike though some of that.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be? Tedeschi Trucks Band, June 29, Victoria — the first time I heard Susan Tedeschi sing the blues, I had to pull my car over and stop driving and just listen.
12. What is your favourite TV show? Haven’t watched TV or a series for a very long time.
13. What’s your dream car? Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. (I drive a 2004 Civic.)
14. What is your favourite place to dine? Any restaurant that does vegan well.
15. What are your words to live by? “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?” (Hillel)