1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
An egg hash mixture of whatever leftovers are in the fridge.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
A pilot or commercial diver. I love the feeling that diving or flying gives me, very freeing.
3.What’s playing in your music player right now?
Fallout Boy’s Save Rock and Roll Album.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Intolerance of others cloaked in ideology. In my job I often see bigots or worse spew their hatred and intolerance hiding behind religion or a self-professed noble cause.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
The ocean, marine animals, weather, vibrant colour of everything from houses to flowers, festivals, downtown. I think this is the best place on earth to live. I feel so lucky to live here.
6. Where were you born?
Wesseling, Germany. Immigrated to Canada in 1969.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
After a lot of thought, it has to be my wife. No one has ever loved me so much, and given me better advice than her. Due to my job, I don’t get to eat enough meals with her, so it’s always a treat for me.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
The Okanagan, my family still lives there and I love to visit as no one cares what I do. I’m just Frank there.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The power to heal. No one I care for would ever be sick again.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Hand glide. It was my father’s wish before he died and he never got to do it. I think it would be awesome.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Sammy Hagar at his bar in Mexico
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Mash and the Science of Stupid
13. What’s your dream car?
James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5. I am a James Bond nut so love the car.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Tough one as there are so many incredible places to eat here. But I’d have to say the Rathskeller Restaurant on Quadra. We do all our birthdays and special event dinners there.
15. What are your words to live by?
Don’t let people live rent free in your head. Never let anyone get in your head that doesn’t add value in your life.