1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
I’m making a big brunch for my family — potato parmesan chive waffles, bacon, sausages, fruit, whipped cream, coffee and juice.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
A radio host or a philanthropist or a welder.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Pink: 10 Years in Harmony.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When one of my cats vomits on the carpet — and I step in it.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
It blends the excitement, opportunities, innovation and challenges of a city with the warmth, familiarity and camaraderie of a town.
6. What is your favourite movie?
So many from which to choose! The Cruel Sea (1953), Them (1954), Dark City (1998), Billy Elliot (2000), The Imitation Game (2014)
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Nearby, MacKenzie Beach in Tofino. Far away, Australia.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
An extraordinarily long life — to witness my children’s whole lives.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Learn Taiko drumming and take flying lessons.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Kiri Te Kanawa.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
13. What’s your dream car?
Any Kawasaki motorcycle.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
I love anything local — especially diners.
15. What are your words to live by?
My mother’s advice — “before speaking or taking action, ask yourself: what useful purpose will this serve?”