1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
In a perfect world it’s my wife’s crepes or waffles with bacon and home fries. In reality I’m probably downing Life cereal as I scan the days news.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
In my high school year book my goal upon graduation was to become “Emperor of the World” mostly because the job wasn’t taken…I note it’s still vacant.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
What can I say…classic rock but who doesn’t like Pink Floyd, the Beatles or the Band?
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who are late.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
You wouldn’t know it lately but the weather and the outdoor lifestyle it allows.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
Pretty much anything from Quentin Tarantino but if I had to chose a single flick it might be Where the Buffalo Roam with Bill Murray as Hunter S. Thompson.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
Too many to mention but John Lennon and Leonardo da Vinci would be near the top.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Any place with hot sun and cold beer.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
It would be nice just to have some power (anyone else have a teenager?) but time travel might be fun.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
See my answer to Q2.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
The Beatles but then I would need that time travel super power.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Question Period (federal and B.C.)…no seriously…drama, comedy, farce, mystery and horror all in one.
13. What’s your dream car?
I’ve had many over the years but now it’s probably the Aston Martin DB10 from the latest James Bond film.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Anywhere with my wife, especially Il Terrazzo.
15. What are your words to live by?
As a libertarian, I’ve always been fond of the New Hampshire state moto “Live free or die,” but “Live and let live” works too and is probably more Canadian.