Want to Volunteer? Opportunities are available through Volunteer Victoria. Please call 250-386-2269 or go online to volunteervictoria.bc.ca.
• Victoria Epilepsy and Parkinson’s Centre Society is seeking volunteer puppeteers to promote awareness and understanding of differences in others and themselves using Bunraku-style puppetry for school-aged children.
• Victoria International Buskers Festival is looking for volunteer information booth attendants to help assist visitors and spectators from July 18 to 27. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least three shifts.
• Royal Jubilee Hospital is looking for volunteers to provide emotional support and assistance to patients awaiting medical imaging tests.
• Mount St. Mary Hospital is looking for volunteers to help senior residents get out-and-about, assisting them with getting to and from their rooms, and around town.
• Maritime Museum of B.C. is looking for volunteer assistants to help greet museum visitors, offering them guidance and information as necessary. Volunteers are asked to commit a minimum of four months.
• Music for Youth Works Society is looking for a volunteer assistant for its Music Explorers program.
• Our Place Society is looking for volunteers with experience in community outreach and stakeholder relations at any level and with a background from any sector.
• Pacific Animal Therapy Society is looking for volunteers with gentle therapy pets to provide companionship to seniors, and mentally and physically disabled persons.