Want to Volunteer? Opportunities are available through Volunteer Victoria. For more information, please call 250-386-2269 or go here.
• The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific is looking for an event coordinator to set up facilities for weddings and rehearsals on Fridays and weekends through the summer. Other positions available.
• Oak Bay Volunteer Services needs office phone volunteers with computer skills and attention to detail, to take client requests for services and fill requests with volunteers. Regular or on-call shifts are possible.
• NEED2 Suicide Prevention is seeking a marathon team developer to recruit individuals and businesses between May and October to run or sponsor runners in Victoria’s Good Life Marathon. Also seeking board members for effective governance.
• The Hope Through Achievement Foundation needs a volunteer coordinator to recruit mentors and other skilled people for a new foundation supporting disadvantaged individuals in returning to school or training.
• Victoria Cool Aid Society would appreciate garden helpers to both maintain gardens and engage people experiencing homelessness in healing through gardening on a weekly basis.
• The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for a planning team member for a staff and volunteer summit conference, to work on logistics and later attend the conference in Nanaimo. Other positions available.
• Island Health’s Mental Health and Addictions unit seeks a weekly knitting group leader who is empathetic to individuals with mental illness. Outgoing and professional, some knitting ability.
• The Men’s Trauma Centre is looking for conscientious board members to play a role in setting policy for the organization’s work with men impacted by trauma. Other positions available.