Esquimalt Fire Rescue snuff out porch fire

Fire likely due to improperly extinguished cigarette, says fire cheif

  • Mar. 18, 2013 8:00 p.m.

Esquimalt Fire Rescue responded to a porch fire this morning at 7:35 a.m. on Park Terrace.

Damage to the house was minimal, while the four residents inside and two occupants of an attached duplex were evacuated without incident, said Asst. Fire Chief Gib Small.

The fire was likely due to an improperly extinguished cigarette, he said.

dpalmer@vicnews.com

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image