Faulty dishwasher likely cause of Sunday fire in Saanich

Neighbours called the Saanich fire department just before 1 p.m., Dec. 18 when they saw smoke coming from house at 3730 Savannah Ave.

  • Dec. 19, 2011 1:00 p.m.

A faulty dishwasher is likely to blame for a blaze that tore through a Quadra/Cedar Hill family’s home while they were out on Sunday afternoon.

Neighbours called the Saanich fire department just before 1 p.m., Dec. 18 when they saw smoke coming from the house, located at 3730 Savannah Ave.

Three fire engines, a ladder truck and command vehicle arrived to find a kitchen fire and heavy smoke damage. Loss is estimated at $150,000.

No one was inside the home during the fire and no injuries were reported.