Skip to content

Fire at Christie’s Carriage House Pub on Fort Street

The fire was caused by rags in a dryer
Victoria Fire Department helps put out a fire at Christie’s Pub that started with rags in the dryer. (Photo courtesy John Edgar)

A fire broke out at Christie’s Pub on Fort Street in Victoria Saturday morning.

Victoria Fire responded to the incident at 1739 Fort St. to assist.

According to a statement released by Victoria Fire Department, the fire was caused by a laundry dryer that was drying rags. The damage is estimated to be around $1,000, but there is no damage to the building’s structure.

No one was injured, and the pub is now open.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter