Inspector Steve Meikle photographs the Save-on-Foods on Foul Bay Rd. after a generator caught fire in the store this morning

Inspector Steve Meikle photographs the Save-on-Foods on Foul Bay Rd. after a generator caught fire in the store this morning

Generator fire causes minor damage to Foul Bay Save-on-Foods

A fire in the refrigerator compressor room caused minor delays in opening Save-on-Foods store this morning.

A generator caught fire in the refrigerator compressor room at the Save-on-Foods at 1950 Foul Bay Rd. on Wednesday morning.

Three Victoria Fire Department trucks were at the scene at 6:37 a.m. The fire was knocked down at 7:20 a.m., according to Graham Humber, dispatcher.

The level of damage was minor and was contained to the back room with the generator, said Overwaitea Food Group media relations.

The number of employees in the store at the time is unknown, but Humber said the fire was reported by a staff member. No injuries were reported from the incident.

The store opened around 9:30 a.m. as opposed to the usual 9 a.m.