Colwood Fire Rescue responded to a rather unusual call over the weekend.
Just before 7 p.m. on Sunday, crews were called to the 300-block of Goldstream Avenue after a toddler accidentally got his head stuck in a candle holder.
According to Assistant Chief Greg Chow, the toddler put the roughly three-foot-long candle holder over his head and got stuck in between some of the vertical, decorative tines that are used to hold the candles.
Crews were able to get the candle holder off safely, and the toddler was unharmed.
Over the years, Chow has encountered a number of situations with the fire department, but this was a first.
“This is one for the books,” he said.