1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast? Depends … if my wife is with me it’s fresh fruit, yogurt and granola. If I’m on my own, I will sneak in turkey sausage and eggs.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be? Chef. I love to cook. I raffled off my specialty, pepper steak for $1000 for a party of 10 as a fundraiser for my boys’ public school.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now? One Republic.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve? People who are not sincere.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria? Easy access to the water and being able to explore typical west coast beaches within an hour of the city.
6. What is your favourite movie(s)?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Epic movie!
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with? Anthony Bourdain – being a former chef, he would know a great place to dine.
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Reid Island located between Thetis and Galiano Islands.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be? Healing. I could not only get rid of minor injuries like cuts and bruises, but also help ease the pain of people suffering from serious illnesses. Cancer, alzheimer’s, and AIDs would all be history.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do? Trace my father’s footsteps through southern Italy and visit the towns he covered as a signalman in WW2 with the First Canadian Signal Corps.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be? Eagles.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown.
13. What’s your dream car? Not a big car guy but proud of my 1975 Ford Mustang.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
Any of the amazing food choices at Fisherman’s Wharf of course!
15. What are your words to live by? Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself and a quote from Maya Angelou … “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”.