New in theatres this weekend:
– Michael Fassbender takes on iconic entrepreneur Steve Jobs in Steve Jobs, a collaboration between writer Aaron Sorkin and director Danny Boyle. It's the second biopic of Jobs in two years, released over the head – and probably to more critical acclaim – than 2013's Ashton Kutcher vehicle.
– Call him Joseph Gordon-Levittate? The rangy actor stars in the awaited The Walk, a camera-bending look at daredevil Philippe Petit, who attempts a wire walk between the old World Trade Center towers above New York City.
– Hugh Jackman gets in costume for Pan, another retelling of the classic J.M. Barrie story. Jackman stars as the villain Blackbeard, while Amanda Seyfried (Mary), Garrett Hedlun (Hook), Rooney Mara (Tiger Lily), and Cara Delevigne (the Mermaid) take over the tale's other familiar roles.
– Andrew Garfield and Michael Shannon star in 99 Homes, a film set to the 2008 American financial and housing crisis.
– Canadian actor Paul Gross goes behind the camera – while also staying in front of it – for Hyena Road, a war film looking at the country's involvement in the Afghan conflict after 9/11.
VIDEO: Trailer for Steve Jobs
VIDEO: Trailer for Pan
VIDEO: Tailer for The Walk