1. It’s Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
A green smoothie. Or a cronut. It depends.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
A casting director or a psychoanalyst.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
Roberta Flack’s First Take.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Getting fogged in.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Victoria?
Other than when we get fogged in, the weather.
6. What’s your favourite movie(s)?
Michael Apted’s Up documentaries.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
New York City. Or any big city. I don’t enjoy relaxing.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The power to help people overcome their fear of change.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Live and work outside of Canada.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Alive or dead? Nina Simone.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
British crime drama, but especially Prime Suspect. DCI Jane Tennison is my favourite flawed protagonist.
13. What’s your dream car?
I don’t have a dream car — I have a dream transit system. The Tokyo Metro.
14. What is your favourite place to dine?
My grandmother’s house.
15. What are your words to live by?
It’s been a long time coming, but I know a change is going to come.