Two Central Saanich Police officers were taken to the hospital early Saturday morning after suffering carbon monoxide inhalation during a rescue.
The officers responded to a call just before 6 a.m. about a man in distress in the 1100-block of Marchant Rd.
When the officers arrived at the Brentwood Bay home, they found the residence locked but managed to gain entry to safely remove the unconscious man and another person in the home.
Both officers suffered carbon monoxide inhalation during the rescue and were taken to hospital for treatment. They were later released.
The occupants of the house were also taken to the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.
Follow us on Instagram Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.